COVID SAFE PLAN
RACHEL’S COVID-SAFE COMMITMENT
I have always been committed to protecting your health and safety and of course my own, so hygiene has always been at the forefront of my business operations. Given the nature of the COVID-19 pandemic there are additional measures as required by law that I must make to safely continue providing hair and makeup services to protect the health of myself and others.
The Queensland Government has implemented requirements specific to beauty businesses which must be followed by all involved. You can view this information about the COVID Safe Checklist for Personal Services by clicking here.
This is exactly what you can expect from me:
- I will maintain social distancing as much as practicable.
- I will firstly disinfect my phone with antibacterial spray or wipe and then wash my hands for 20 seconds before and after each client and continue to use hand sanitiser.
- I will wear Protective Personal Equipment as practicable.
- Individual makeup brush sets will be used for each individual client. These will be deep cleaned and dried after each day and packed into a disposable plastic bag, labelled with the client’s name ready for the next lot of appointments.
- Disposables such as mascara wands, cotton tips, makeup wipes, sponges, lip wands will also be packed into a disposable bag.
- All products for use in makeup will be decanted onto a disposable paper palette for each client.
- Anti-bacterial spray or wipes will be used to clean down my station surfaces before and after each client and also at least hourly.
- My makeup palettes will not remain open unless for the immediate purpose of decanting product. All makeup products and palettes will be wiped down with antibacterial spray or wipes after each client.
- That I am always required by to wear footwear while on premises. Disposable slippers can be arranged in advance at your request.
- That I will not and cannot share any of my equipment.
- That I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who is sick and/or is displaying flu-like symptoms and can ask them to leave the premises.
- That I reserve the right to refuse service in its entirety without warning and without refund in its entirety should anyone on premises not cooperate with my COVID-Safe instruction or the Queensland Health directives and laws.
- I will not present for the appointment if I am sick with any flu like symptoms. I will not present for the appointment if I have been in contact with a confirmed case and have been directed to self-isolate. I will excuse myself from the appointment if I become unwell. I will endeavour to replace myself or provide you with my trusted professional industry contacts should this situation arise.
- That I have successfully completed the mandatory COVID-Safe Training for my sector as required by the Queensland Government.
- That I will keep a copy of the signed and maintained COVID-Safe Checklist for Beauty Therapists documentation on me.
- That I will send a txt message at least the day prior to your appointment to confirm that you and all others booked for the appointment are feeling well, and reiterate this Covid-Safe plan to again give you the opportunity to ask me any questions you may have about what to expect for your appointment.
These are the measures that I will require of you and others:
- That hand washing facilities are provided.
- That you and anyone else present must maintain social distancing as much as practicable which is a minimum of 1.5m between each other.
- That you firstly disinfect your phone with antibacterial spray or wipe and then wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds prior to my starting your appointment.
- That you and any other client within the booking must provide in advance their name, residential address, and phone number which I will be required to by law to maintain a record of for a minimum of 56 days from the appointment/attendance date. I will not disclose your personal information to anyone unless it is required to by law e.g. Queensland Health or other Governing bodies. You can enter your details by clicking here. Please share this link with any of your attendees.
- That you understand the space requirements as set out by law that we all need to abide by. I will require a well-ventilated space for the hair and makeup service, and it must be at least 2sq/m per person with a maximum of 100 persons plus myself for that premises/hotel room. Please note that if you are getting ready in a small hotel room or have people in attendance greater than the square meterage allows for, that some people will need to leave the premises/hotel room.
- Understand that per the government guidelines that you and others in the booking are discouraged from brining any friends or family members to any appointments if they are not part of the booking.
- That you are not to enter the premises and/or attend the appointment if you or anyone else is feeling unwell, have flu like symptoms, of if you or anyone else has been in contact with a confirmed case and have been directed to self-isolate or you become unwell during the appointment.
- That any inspiration photos of your desired hair and makeup look be provided in advance where practicable, or that they be emailed or txt to me for my reference as I will not handle your phone. Email: email@example.com Mobile: 0415 212 313
- While the COVID-Safe mobile application is not a requirement to book with me, I encourage my clients to download and activate the COVID-Safe app for their smart phone by clicking here.
Understandably, with these new measures in place it means that the duration of hair and makeup appointments may take longer than usual. For timing estimates please enquire with me so we can discuss your requirements for hair and makeup so a timing estimate can be provided inclusive of cleaning and sanitization requirements.
Although there’s no vaccine available for COVID, my vaccinations for influenza and pertussis are up to date.
I am hopeful for the day when I can give you a congratulations hug or shake your hand, (as I know this all seems so impersonal and robotic!) but at this time it’s simply not possible. I hope that this makes you feel comfortable and confident that I can and will deliver your hair and makeup service safely.
For more information please refer to my full Disclosure, Terms and Conditions by clicking here.
If you have any questions or need further clarification about any of the above, please contact me here or if you have any concerns about whether a business is complying with this checklist that you call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
The information above is true and correct as at 17/08/2020 and is subject to change without prior notice.
Below Image Credit
Photographer: Cassandra Ladru
Hair Stylist of Bride: Rachel Pivetta, Aurum Bride